DIPLOMA IN INTERIOR DESIGN & DECORATION
Affiliated with Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University (YCMOU), Nasik
Students grasping ‘Carpentry’ skills on running Interior Design site.
Course At A Glance
Course Duration : 1 year (July to May)
Admissions start in March
Study Without books based course ensures On-Field Practical Knowledge from practicing Architects, Interior Designers, Industry Experts and Service providers.
Our Regular Visits:
- Interior Design progressing & finished sites,
- Manufacturing units
- Manufacturing Company Orientation Centers
- Material Processing units They strengthen the material grasp and Project Management skills.
Our National & International Study tours ensure upgradation, exposure to internationally available brands and trends, and possible extent of the creativity field. Proficiency in CAD drawings & presentation skills are of parallel importance.
- Graphics: Basic understanding of Volumes, Shapes, Patterns, colour theory, Principles of design, Perspectives & isometric views etc.
- Construction: Study of Building Materials, Construction components & techniques.
- Communication Skills: Command of soft skills like languages, gesture analysis etc.
- Carpentry: Practical understanding & detailing of carpentry.
- Services: Basic study of technology and application of various services – Plumbing, Sanitary and Electrical. .
- Materials: Detailed study of basic materials involved in Interior Design.
- Design: Studio Design projects of various scales.
- Climatology and Applied basic Vaastu: Application of Climatic conditions on Interior Design. Basic Vaastu Shastra principles derived from climatology.
- Basics of software training: 2D CAD training
- Estimation & Costing: Estimation & Cost analysis for budgeting.
Learning to mix Cement based Putty
Orientation center visit for Sanitary & Plumbing fittings
Who can apply for the Course?
Design aspirants who wish to take Interior Design as their career can be:
- 12th pass students
- Passouts or drop outs of any graduation or post graduation level courses from Arts, Science, Commerce, Engineering, Architecture etc.
- Civil Engineers
- Home makers
- Anyone & everyone who wishes to be an Interior Designer
Industry Expert session on ‘Hardware’
Why take up this Course?
Excel Interior Design Institute, Nagpur ensures that at the end of this course students are ready with:
- Site understanding
- Sense of measurement, scale and proportion
- Knowledge of every possible material that can be used in Interior Design.
- Contemporary trends and its suitability for a client.
- Knowledge of vastu shastra, Services, design Software and Costing.
- Proficiency in CAD 2D.
Exploring latest Paints available in International market
Laying of Parking Flooring on site.
Why choose Diploma Course over Degree Course?
Interior Design professionals are hired for their practical and upgraded knowledge & Design skills and not for lisening purpose. Then why waste years learning the obsolete theory?
At Excel Interior Design Institute, Nagpur we have challenged the mundane theories of long duration Interior Design courses along with the methodology in which they are taught.
The mathematics of 5 Golden years.
- 3-4 years of theoretical education is replaced by 1 year of Fundamentals of Interiors.
- 2-3 years of Internship is replaced by 1 Year of Post Graduation level Advance Certification course including Project management, Client handling etc.
- Thus saving 3+2 = 5 Golden years of life.
When TIME IS MONEY, how about receiving an extra 1825 days in life?
Study Tour to Hyderabad
Visit to National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), Hyderabad.
Where you will land after the Course?
After completion of this one year course, what you will carry with you is a good technically equipped drawing portfolio. Knowledge that you have gathered can be tagged under:
- Fluency in use of scale with both Metric & Feet-Inches measuring systems.
- Competence in making CAD drawings with specifications.
- Thorough knowledge of all materials used on an Interior Design site.
- Basic knowledge of Plumbing, Sanitary & Electrical services.
- Carpentry, False Ceiling, Flooring etc with field execution knowledge.
- Climatology based Vastu Shastra and Material Estimation knowledge.
- Contemporary Design principles.
What can be done after this Course?
Students can aim at following career options after this course:
- Join the Post Graduation level Advance Certification course in Interior Design, at Excel Interior Design Institute, Nagpur to start their our Interior Design Practise within 16-20 months.
- Join a professional practice firm like Architecture or Interior design firm as Intern or trainee.
Caution: Students should not start taking independent professional practise at the end of this course because they are yet not ready for handling the project on site, with the project management skills.